Our Program Committee adheres to the following major tasks and associated activities:
Administrative Tasks – Chairperson(s)
Solicit volunteers and form a committee
Schedule planning session for committee members and develop strategy for implementing committee responsibilities
Develop a detailed project plan to implement activities
Prepare and submit annual budget
Schedule and facilitate committee meetings as required
Committee Member Tasks
Develop and publish an annual program calendar of events. Coordinate activities of all committees.
Coordinate programs for monthly membership meetings.
Schedule and coordinate community service activities:
· Hold educational session at a community centers on LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Program).
· Solicit AABE members to volunteer to work on one Habitat for Humanity program during the year.
· Select a Thanksgiving Project (e.g., donates food for needy family or organization and/or serve meals at shelter).
· Select a Christmas Project (i.e., adopt a family or donate to an organization).
· Organize AABE members to participate in SCANA Sponsored Walks.
Implement fitness and wellness program to promote good health, networking, and relationship building for AABE members and interested SCANA employees.
Support all AABE sponsored events as required.
Establish a relationship with and develop a resource bank of businesses that will support us as we implement our annual activities.
Establish a relationship with and develop a resource bank of organizations with similar missions that we may partner with to serve our members and our community.