Get Involved . . . Join a Committee
The Greater Boston Chapter of AABE® currently has six committees that Chapter members may join to become fully engaged, active members. We continue to seek committee and dedicated voluneers to help the Chapter achieve its goals and objectives. If you are interested in joining a committee, please contact Leonard Durant at Leonad.Durant@nationalgrid.com. The Standing Committees include the following:
1. Communications/Social Media – This committee is charged with carrying out the Chapter’s marketing and social media objectives, aligned with the National Association to ensure that the Chapter’s:
2. Legislative and Public Policy – This committee is responsible for ensuring that the Chapter’s membership and community stakeholders are kept abreast of key legislative and regulatory developments at the state and federal levels which impact the energy industry.
3. Membership – This committee helps ensure the growth and vitality of the Chapter’s membership by:
4. Program – This committee is charged with ensuring that the Chapter’s programs, including the (1) Energy Roundtable, (2) Energy Speaker Series, and (3) volunteer initiatives, are timely planned and properly implemented.
5. Scholarship – This committee is responsible for all aspects of the Scholarship Program, including, but not limited to:
6. STEM Education – This committee works closely with our STEM education and business partners, and is charged with ensuring proper planning, coordination and implementation of all aspects of the Chapter’s STEM education programs.
The Nomination Committee is an ad hoc committee. This committee is responsible for ensuring that the Chapter follows the Chapter by-laws during each election cycle.